Message Boards

Online Community Manager

Day of the Girl 2018

October 11 is International Day of the Girl, celebrated worldwide.

Join in by acting up and/or speaking up for a cause you care about: gender gaps in STEM, racial justice, voting rights, the environment--and whatever else! 

Let people (including yourself) know that your voice and actions matter. #DayOftheGirl

Raise your hand for what you believe in!

Use the comments below to tell us what you did on Day of the Girl 2018!!!

You need to be a member of NMG Members to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Sister to Sister Message Board

Mod S2S Mentor

Feeling Like a Second Choice

“I feel like I am always the second choice for my friends at school. They always want to sit with other people or work with other people. They are not mean to me or anything and I think they do like me but I dont think they like me as much as they like anyone else. I feel like I am overreacting about this and I dont know what to do about it.” -Ellie Oof I know how you feel, Ellie :’( I’ve struggled with feeling like my friends’ second choice for years, it really wears down on you after awhile.…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by KatharinEvergreen Dec 6
Mod S2S Mentor

Getting a counselor

I sometimes feel like I want someone not in my family or one of my bffs to talk to. So the right thing to do would to get a counsellor right? But I have two issues. One: how do I ask my mom for one? I feel so scared of asking her. Two: can I trust a counsellor or will they make guesses about my family life that are untrue because of something I tell them. Please answer honestly for two!  - Anonymous   Hello. I completely understand where you’re coming from. I used to see a counselor myself,…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by KatharinEvergreen Nov 22
Mod S2S Mentor

Lots of Friendship Problems

“I've been having A LOT of friendship problems at the moment, and I'm finding it hard to sustain the majority of my "friendships", should I say? I have this one friend who's NEVER apologised to me. I can't tell her because she's really sensitive, and would bite my head off (theoretically, of course). We've had fights like that. Another thing is for them to stop texting me when they're bored 'cause it makes me feel like I'm thier last option. I really need help!” -Emily Communication is very…

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Emilyyyyyy on Saturday
Mod S2S Mentor

Menstrual Cycle Schedule

“Is it okay not to have your period at the beginning of the week in a new month but have it the next week?” - Anonymous   Hi there, Good news: Yes, not only is it okay to have some inconsistency in your period schedule, it’s also totally normal! Especially when you’re younger and/or relatively new to menstruating (although, for some people, this can apply later on as well), it’s very common for your period not to follow a precise monthly pattern. Many people might not get their period again…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Siri Joy To The World Nov 12

Ask A Girl: Need advice? Give great advice? We help each other! Ask your questions or answer any of the questions already here. Your post will appear in a day or two, so check back often. We've had many girls ask if their questions can be anonymous, and that is not possible on this website. We want you to know that girls in NMG can trust each other, even with embarrassing questions. And if you want to, you can change your user name to a "not real" name that will then also be used in the magazine if your Ask A Girl question is published.

Letters To Luna: I'm Luna, the spirit of New Moon. Write a letter to me with your opinions and suggestions about the magazine and website. I love to read all your notes! Because I get so many letters, I can't reply online. But a select few letters get published in each issue!

Body & Feelings: Body image, mood swings, puberty, your first period, and so much more! The information girls need!

Check It Out: Share your rants and raves about books, magazines, movies, products, music, ads, tv, internet and more. Love it? Hate it? Let us know!

For The Curious: How does stuff in our world happen? Post and ask about experiments, tech, coding, math,  science, engineering, and more!  It's all about the weird, wonderful, and wacky! Be curious and be surprised.

Go Girls & Women Change the World: Amazing girls and women make the world a better place every day. Tell us about who you admire - now and from the past.  These don't have to be people who are already famous!

How Aggravating & Howl at the Moon: Tell us when you see something that's unfair to girls and women -you can vent about it here! And, Howl out your accomplishments and the things that make you proud as a person and a girl!

Love Remembers: Whether it's losing a beloved pet or a cherished person, loss is painful and can be difficult to cope with. But talking about our loved ones and keeping their memories alive can help. Share your beautiful memories here.

Random Stuff: Want a place to be silly, start message board games, or talk about stuff that doesn't fit into the other categories? Then check out this message board!

Role Play: Do you like role playing games? RPG’s are games where players (that’s you!) play the roles of characters in a fictional setting and have all kinds of adventures. See where the stories take you!

Voice Box: We can have different opinions and still be friends and listen respectfully to each other. We're interested to learn about other people's points of view and we don't have to try to convince them to think like we do. This is where we share opinions about issues that are important to us.

Contests & Games: Do you love creating new contests or games for everyone to play? Do you love playing in them? This is the place for you to make your own contests and games and invite everyone to participate! Remember, just like everywhere else on NMGMembers.com, if you make a contest or game, it must be open to everyone who wants to join in!